Lucid does not discriminate against people who exercise their rights under this policy or under applicable law.
Our Cars Go Places; Your Information Does Not
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will not share your Personal Information with third parties outside of our organization, except where reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provided it, if you opt in to the sharing of such information, or as otherwise described in this policy.
For instance, we may disclose your Personal Information to a service provider we use to support our business, such as website development and hosting, but only when it is bound by agreements to keep your Personal Information confidential — and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may also disclose your Personal Information with certain third parties to the extent that they are involved in the purchase, lease, or service of your vehicle, such as financial institutions, credit reporting agencies, your insurance company, and third-party service centers.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with legal, regulatory, or law enforcement matters, determined at our sole discretion. For example, we may be required to report your vehicle purchase to certain government authorities for titling, tax, and other regulatory purposes. We also reserve the right to disclose this information when necessary to prevent illegal activities or to protect the safety of ourselves, our customers, third parties, or members of the public.
Finally, we may transfer your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets. The use of your information following any of these events will be governed by the provisions of this policy in effect at the time the applicable information was collected.
Information We Collect
Information We Collect Directly
The only directly identifiable Personal Information that we collect is information you voluntarily enter via our websites, enter through employment application portals, email directly to us, or provide to us in person.
For product inquiries, this information includes some or all of the following:
- mailing address
- product preferences
- message content
If you contact us directly via email, we collect any Personal Information you provide to us in the email, and any such information may be kept in our email system or moved elsewhere within our company as described below.
For employment applications, Personal Information also includes additional identifiers which are identified on the form you submitted. The form discloses the information we collect; if you apply outside our system, we collect the Personal Information you provide to us.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We use our Salesforce system for storing Personal Information that you provide to us, including name, address, and other contact information; deposit status; and particular interests.
We also use MailChimp to conduct email campaigns. We may provide information to the service such as your display name, email address, and information that would determine what emails you would receive.
Unsubscribing from Email
If you wish to unsubscribe from promotional email, please use the "unsubscribe," "manage your preferences," or similar link provided at the bottom of email. We will remove you from the relevant mailing list(s) or campaigns(s) as soon as reasonably possible. Occasionally, there may be a time lag between your unsubscribing to a list or campaign and the discontinuance. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, you will continue to receive administrative emails from us.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our service if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to automatically collect certain information. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our websites.
We automatically collect information that may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our websites, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on our websites, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our websites. We may also use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
We use the following cookies:
- Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, and campaign data, and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 2 years
- Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps to create an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected includes the number visitors, their source, and the pages visited anonymously.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 1 day
- Description: This cookie is used by Google Analytics to understand user interaction with the website.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 2 months
- Description: This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 1 minute
- Description: This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user’s browser supports cookies.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Description: This cookie is set by the Stripe payment gateway. This cookie is used to enable payment on the website without storing any payment information on a server.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 1 year
- Description: This cookie is set by Stripe payment gateway. This cookie is used to enable payment on the website without storing any payment set by Stripe payment gateway. This cookie is used to enable payment on the website without storing any payment information on a server.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Description: This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisements when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.
- Type: third-party
- Duration: 2 months
- Description: The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisements to the users, and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.
- Type: third-party
- Duration: 2 months
- Description: This cookie is set by twitter.com. It is used integrate the sharing features of this social media. It also stores information about how the user uses the website for tracking and targeting.
- Type: first-party
- Duration: 2 years
Our website uses first-party cookies to handle items directly relevant to the operation of this website, such as security, network management, and accessibility. These include cookies that:
- record any privacy preferences selected (this requires the setting of a cookie whose only function is to tell the site not to place other cookies)
- record any accessibility preferences selected
The site does not allow you to block these cookies because they are essential for the operation of the site or for legal compliance. These expire when you close your browser window and may be set again on your next visit.
You can disable or block essential cookies via the settings in your browser, using the “Block all Cookies” or similar feature. You can delete essential cookies that have already been set by using the “clear” or “delete” cookies function of your browser. If you block or delete essential cookies, the functionality or usability of the site may be impacted. If you wish to erase cookies that have already been set, you can clear them from your browser.
Analytical or performance cookies
We also use first-party cookies from the service provider partners to collect data to improve your browsing experience. That means that our site sets the cookies for use in conjunction with our sites only. These cookies can be declined or blocked by adjusting cookies settings on your browser or by other methods listed below.
The information we receive from Google Analytics cookies does not identify you personally, although Google may create a pseudonymized ID that that allows Google analytics to tell if you are a return visitor to our site. This is typically stored in a cookie.
The information we receive from these cookies and service does not identify you personally.
You can opt out of these analytics cookies and tools in the following ways:
- You can “block all cookies” from your web browser (and delete any that have been set).
- You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to our website by using Google Analytics’ Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. This, according to Google, prevents Google Analytics tracking repeat visitors regardless of whether it is done using a cookie or another technology.
- You can find instructions for opting out of Crazy Egg at https://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out.
Third-party Cookies (Not Essential for Viewing Our Site; Essential for Certain Transactions; Opt-out Available If Not Doing Business with Us)
If you enter a payment into Stripe, we receive confirmation that you have made a payment, which includes your name, email, and payment identification. We store that information in our Salesforce system (see above).
Cookies are only set by Stripe when you click the deposit link and are redirected to their site. If you do click the link, you can opt out using the “block all cookies” function from your web browser (and deleting any that have been set); however, doing this before finishing a Stripe transaction could cause that transaction to fail.
Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads for our products on other websites and online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
Third Party Web Beacons and Third-Party Buttons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the websites that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third-party content on the websites. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons and Twitter “like” or “retweet” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is provided directly to the operators of such websites or services and we do not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our website, sales, and service operations (our “Services”);
- To personalize your experience with us, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To develop and provide you with promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To complete your purchase and otherwise facilitate transactions and payments;
- To process your job application;
- To respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- To de-identify and aggregate information to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our websites and third-party marketing activities and to monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information;
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with our service, including to respond to your inquiries;
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information;
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to conduct business analytics, and otherwise improve the safety, security, and performance of our websites. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the right to know what Personal Information we are collecting, to understand what we are doing with it, to correct any mistakes in the information, and where appropriate, discontinue its use or have it deleted. You may also have the right to opt out of the sale of personal data.
You may do the following at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or at (844) 367-7787:
- opt out of any future contacts from us
- request a copy of the Personal Information we have about you, if any
- change, correct, or have us delete any Personal Information we have about you (subject to the limitations below)
- express any concern you have about our use of your Personal Information
Please note that we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request and will inform you if that is the case. In addition, there are exceptions to requests for correction or deletion, as provided by law, such as if we need the Personal Information:
- for a transaction for goods and services that you have initiated with us or as needed to support your ongoing relationship with us
- to detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; prosecute those responsible for that activity; or debug and repair errors that impair existing functionality
- due to a pending law enforcement or other legal request
- to comply with records retention or other laws or regulations that apply to our company
- for other reasons allowed or required by law, including wholly internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations, based on your relationship with us
We may require you to provide certain verification information so that we know that you are you. This may include verifying information that you provided via our Services. Upon receiving such a request, we will act as promptly as possible to respond to your request as provided above and in no event later than applicable law requires. You may exercise your rights through an authorized agent.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have these following additional rights in relation to your Personal Information that we hold:
- Where we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, and to receive an explanation of how we use it and who we share it with.
- You have the right to correct any Personal Information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request for your Personal Information to be erased or deleted.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest.
- You have a right in certain circumstances to stop us processing your Personal Information other than for storage purposes.
- You have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, Personal Information that you have provided to us if we process it on the basis of our contract with you, or with your consent, or to request that we transfer such Personal Information to a third party.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority in the country in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we consider various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
Our websites are hosted in the United States. If you choose to access our websites from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, which may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our websites. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to our websites, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
When we transfer Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area we will comply with applicable EEA data protection laws. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the European Commission (e.g. Switzerland and Canada), we may use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, or rely on a legal derogation. You may contact us as specified below to obtain a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. These are tailored to the sensitivity of the data.
No system is completely immune to security threats; if you believe that your use of this site or interaction with Lucid has put your Personal Information at risk, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales of Personal Information
Lucid has not sold Personal Information of any type in the preceding twelve (12) months.
Personal Information of Minors
Lucid does not intend to, nor does it knowingly collect, Personal Information of children under thirteen (13) years of age. If we learn that we possess such information, we will delete it. If you are under 13, or a parent or guardian of a person under 13 and believe that we have collected the Personal Information of that person, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete that Personal Information.
“Do Not Track” Settings on Your Browser
As of the date of this policy, we do not track users across sites or across devices, and as such, our site does not interpret or apply any “do not track” (DNT) message your browser might send.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. Please be aware that this policy does not apply to your activities on these third-party services or any information you disclose to these third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before providing any information to them.
Your California Privacy Rights
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing uses as contemplated by California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83), unless we have your permission.
Lucid Motors USA, Inc. is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information, as described in this policy. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (844) 367-7787, or write to us at 7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560 USA.